LCFEF Summer School 2017 – Grades 9-12
Registration begins February 10, 2017 at 8:30 am at the LCFEF office. 2017 enrollment forms are now online.
Dates: June 7 through July 12. No school on July 3 & 4.
La Cañada High School, 4463 Oak Grove Drive, La Cañada, CA 91011
7:45 AM – 1:00 PM
(10:00 AM – 10:15 AM Break)
Classes Available and Pre-Requisites
- English 1-4
- Spanish 1
- Spanish 2 (pre-req. is Spanish 1, C grade or better)
- Spanish 3 (pre-req. is Spanish 2, C grade or better)
- Spanish 4 (pre-req. is Spanish 3, C grade or better)
- French 1
- French 2 (pre-req. is French 1, C grade or better)
- LC Math 1/Algebra 1
- LC Math 1 Advanced Topics (pre-req. is LC Math 1)
- LC Math 2/Geometry (pre-req. is LC Math 1 or Algebra 1)
- LC Math 2 Advanced Topics (pre-req. is LC Math 2)
- Algebra 2 (pre-req. is LC Math 2 or Geometry)
- Physics (pre-req. is LC Math 2 or Geometry, B grade or higher)
- Chemistry (pre-req. is LC Math 1 or Algebra 1, C grade or higher)
- World History (for incoming 10th graders)
- U.S. History (for incoming 11th graders)
- Government/Econ (for incoming 12th graders)
- PE 9-12 (9th graders to receive special Health curriculum requirement)
- Health Component of 9th Grade Health (for incoming 9th graders that are exempt from PE) July 5 – July 12, 7:45am – 10:00am
2017 Summer School Tuition
- 5 unit course – $475
- 10 unit course – $875
- Two 5 unit courses – $875
- Health – $150
Families enrolling more than one student will receive a $50 reduction for each 10 unit course and a $25 reduction for each 5 unit course for second and subsequent children enrolled. First student enrolled must pay full price. Need-based tuition assistance is available.
Lab/material fees will be $25 for select classes.
Students are encouraged to select up to two (2) alternate courses should their first course be filled.
Admission to summer school is by application, and enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Classes with multiple sections offered are assigned on a random basis.
Be sure to read the Summer School Policies and Summer School Conduct Contract/Acceptable Use of Technology Policy. Complete and have both student and parent sign both pages of the Enrollment Form. Either mail or drop off completed form with a check for tuition and lab/materials fees as appropriate beginning February 10 after 8:30am at the LCFEF Office (4490 Cornishon Ave., Rm. 211). Please make checks payable to LCFEF Summer School.
Out of district students must also complete an Out of District Course Acceptance form within 10 days of registration or the first day of classes, whichever comes first.
LCFEF Summer School
4490 Cornishon Avenue, Room 211
La Cañada, CA 91011
Late Registration: On the first day of summer school, an additional $25 late registration fee will be charged for each class. Enrollment will be on a space available basis.
Refunds: Tuition, minus a $50 handling fee, will be returned for any reason, providing the request is made prior to May 5, 2017. Requests may be made via email to email@example.com.